Saturday, April 9, 2011

Marian and Purdue and other exciting news!


This past weekend was a split weekend. Saturday was at Marian, while Sunday was at Purdue. The Thursday before we went to the race, I decided to try my shot at upgrading to Men's B from C. Sent in the race resume to USACycling and received an approval within 30 seconds - literally. SWEET! Now I can help out Dooley, Tay, and Nick. That is exactly what I did, except Taylor was the only one I really helped because Dooley popped in the Crit on Saturday and the Road Race Sunday. Both of the races, the Crit and Road Race, I did lots of teamwork for Taylor, which ended up causing me to pop, but I still did what I needed to do to help the LWC team. I earned prime points and finishing points in the Crit, while covering moves and such for Taylor until I popped, then he ended up getting 6th. So I will say that is a check next to the teamwork section of racing for me. Regionals at Lindenwood is my time to shine.

The Team Time Trial on Sunday was going to be my event. I love TTT's. Time started and we were rolling! The course was basically like lollipop style - meaning you ride out, go around a loop, then head back. It was sure to be domination between Dooley, Taylor and me. We were going, and then all of a sudden Dooley decided to turn left when we were supposed to go straight. We were in echelon-type pace line, so my bars were at his hip and Taylor's were at mine. His wheel crossed mine and I ended up falling on my a$$$$ and sliding for like 10-15 feet. Taylor almost went down, too, but did not. I was pissed. Skin suit was ripped, right butt cheek was on FIRE, and we pretty much automatically lost the TTT. Taylor's wheel decided to not work, so he needed my wheel, so it was up to the two of them to finish. I coasted back to the start finish and switched into normal bibs to keep riding around so my leg did not stiffen up. 4th out of 4 teams. Whatever, we still got the team points, I guess. Dooley kind of avoided me for half of the day after the TTT, but 'we cool'. The road race, like I said earlier, consisted of me being the 'domestique' for Taylor, which is fine. The wind out there... was... insane! Last lap of the road race I was riding solo and was going as hard as I could into the wind but was only going EIGHT miles per hour... say WHAAAT! yeah, apparently there were 50 mile per hour gusts and I believe it. Once the race was over and we headed back, my right cheek started hurttttting. No pain, no gain. It's all healed now.

Okay, so done with biking stuff for now....
In other news, I was officially nominated for the Begley Scholarship at LWC. I have to write an essay about the Cordoba Initiative and the proposal for the Islamic mosque near the 9/11 site. The scholarship is a full-ride for one year! Let's hope I write one kick-a$$ essay because my brain has not been cooperating with me in terms of letting me get anything done so far this weekend.
AND!!!! I have a group R.A. interview on Tuesday! AND.... I am receiving a leadership award from the school sometime later in April! It's not a scholarship or anything, more like a piece of paper, but I'll take it!

Finally... the best news so far (besides nomination for the Begley)...

I received THE email from Tough Mudder HeadQuarters announcing that I OFFICIALLY qualified for THE WORLD'S TOUGHEST MUDDER! It is going to be in December in New Jersey! (If you're interested to check what it will consist of... http://toughmudder.com/events/worlds-toughest-mudder-series-finals/ )

I am pretty stoked! Jimbo qualified, too. I am definitely doing it whether he does it or not. 36 weeks out from race date - today exactly. I'm going to actually train for this event considering it is technically a World Championship! I will be ready and in fighting shape, too, even more so than now. Not literally fighting shape, but in good enough shape to run circles for 24 hours around the other contestants. Time to get serious.

The last little bit of news I've got for ya.. Insanity: The Asylum is now available! I think right now it is only available through Team BeachBody Coaches, like me! So email me if you're interested in getting it.

Okay, enough from me... time to get stuff done, I hope! I'll update mid-week after the Begley essay is turned in and the group R.A. interview.

Peace!

2 comments: