Sunday, May 15, 2011

next...

Turns out that this academic year was my first full year of 'normal college' since I did two years at the Air Force Academy (clearly not a normal college), then I was at LWC for a semester, then moved to California for a semester, then came back to LWC and here we are. Weird. Technically, I should be done with my 4 years degree... but all that moving around put me behind.. so here's to *hopefully* one more semester of undergrad. Then grad school.. somewhere studying something! EKU? WKU? I don't know. :)

I ended up earning an A in five out of five classes this semester! Sweet! So now that the spring semester is over with, summer begins... except it will be a summer filled with work as I am doing two internships - one with Lindsey Wilson Cycling and one with the Holloway Health and Wellness Center. Good news is that I will be making some money this summer to help cover the cost of tuition, yadda yadda.

I've been running quite a bit lately, however, I need to pick up my cross-training more. For about two days after the Kentucky Derby Marathon my legs felt trashed just like after completion of IM 70.3 Austin last October. Good thing was that I was 100% recovered by the Wednesday after, although stairs were still somewhat funny to go up and down. After I did IM 70.3 Austin, I was hobbling around for two weeks afterwards until I was 100%. I think one thing that helped me get over it so quick was that I forced myself to run the day after, causing my heart rate to rise, circulating my blood more. Good stuff, thanks to Dean Karnazes for the idea.

Coming up I have the Run Under the Stars 10 hour endurance race in Paducah, KY. The record is 63 miles... I'll be hoping to break that record in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment