Saturday, May 28, 2011

Take control of your health and fitness

"Every human being is the author of his own health or disease" - Buddha

I realize that it is time to actually put the name of the blog to use, like it was originally intended for "StriveToBeFit"... documenting my fitness journey and trying to provide fitness/health tips to anyone out there looking for advice. (Feel free to contact me!)

Working as a BeachBody Coach and Personal Trainer I often see and hear people say that they there is not enough time in the day to workout or eat right. From personal experience, I know that it is all about prioritizing. No matter what level you are at on your fitness journey, make time to go walk around the block or go to the gym for a little bit instead of sitting on the couch all night, every night. Or.. make the time to get up in the morning before work, school, or whatever else activities you may have to do. Morning workouts are a great way to get your day started right by KICK-STARTING your metabolism and often keep you energized for the rest of the day. (I love morning workouts!) They definitely make you feel like you have accomplished something substantial first thing in the morning - BE PROUD of taking the initiative!

You have to prioritize your time. You have to prioritize your fitness goals and what you want to gain from those goals. You have to most importantly prioritize yourself. It will make you feel better, more energized, others will see a difference in you (physically and through your attitude). Live it up!

I have had to implement a lot of this in my life lately since I have been working multiple jobs so far this summer. 1) Internship with Lindsey Wilson Cycling minimum of 20 hours per week + staffing the front desk 2) Internship with Campus Recreation/Fitness/Wellness at the Wellness Center minimum of 20 hours per week...along with training for a 10 hour endurance run in.. TWO WEEKS! So it has been rather challenging, but I practice what I preach as well as I can.

Living a couch potato lifestyle is not fun. It can be depressing for you and others around you. Make a change in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment