Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pressing Forward

Finally about 100% over this crappy cold that's been spread like wild-fire through campus - dumb. But, I've been putting in a lot of hours at the HWC lately, but that also has to do with Group Fitness classes starting this week, as well, and making sure that everything is a-okay for them. Awesome Abs class... brutally awesome! First night.. only had two people show up (WTF). then last night 11 showed up (FTW!!!) SCHWEET! Tonight is Boot Camp Fitness Class, and it will be intense, too! It will be similar to last semester's Flex Circuit class, only a litttttle different.

Last night's workout was fun and painful... I took the idea from a book I read.
The 4-Hour Body

The book is filled with a bunch of health and fitness tips, most of which are self-experimentation that Tim Ferriss did to himself or had gathered information from colleagues. It's a great read and I think it's rather fun to try some of the stuff out, too. The myotactic crunch.. one of the best things recommended. If you do it right, it is simple, effective, and can be rather painful (in a good way).

I'm still thinking about getting trail running shoes... and Mom mentioned that Saucony had just come out with a trail shoe similar to the Kinvara: Saucony Peregrine (pictured to the right). Doesn't that look sexy! I own the Saucony Kinvara - minimalist Saucony shoe - and I love it. It feels good and I do not have any issues with it, so the Peregrine might be the best bet if I am going to keep running on trails, especially at Green River, Holmes Bend, etc...

Oh man, Wednesday was fitness assessment #3 for one of my Personal Training clients, Hunter. I tell you what, her results are phenomenal, even compared to the improvements from assessment #1 to #2.

Kind of a random post, I know, but it's all good. Continue living.

No comments:

Post a Comment