Sunday, January 30, 2011

School, Work, Training, Friends, Oh my!


This week has been rather interesting, but good!

It was my first full week of classes and working the new job at the wellness center, and I tell you what, I think this semester is going to be a very good one :)

Had a rough patch of sickness earlier this week... all better now. Kind of a weird thing, since I rarely become ill. I mean I was still very active, I just was coughing and sniffling quite a bit and had trouble sleeping, which made me very exhausted. I guess it is one of those inevitable things when you're constantly around sick college people... But good news is I am well.

Also had an amazing snowball fight one night with a bunch of great people! It was very entertaining!! And then the next night I went to hang out with Hannah and her roommates, we watched The Hangover.... and ate cookies - they were super soft nomnom. Good times :) Cannot wait for the second one.

I did this massive workout on Thursday:

10 minute treadmill warm-up
5x6 side jumps over bench-followed by 6 push-ups

Then came the tough stuff - 7 exercises (using a barbell), 1 minute a piece, 3 times, no rest between workouts until the 7 minutes was over, 2 minute rest between sets -

Deadlift
Row
Hang clean
Front squat
Push Press
Good morning
Barbell squat

My hammies = FIRE.. but of
course... LOVE IT! :)

Also, Jimbo and I are doing the Tough Mudder races on March 12/13 in
Georgia... 10 mile obstacle course. 2 days in a row. How sick is that! Today, Sunday, we went to Green River Lake and did an 8 mile trail run. It felt so good, but it might be time for trail shoes - Brooks Cascadia, anyone! ;)
I think there were a total of 6 times that we (Jimbo and I) had close encounters for rolling our ankles - 2 were Jimbo, .... 4 were me. Maybe it was the regular road running shoes (Mizuno Wave Rider)? Luckily, no injuries, and LOTS of fun!

So Jimbo and I did that 8 mile run this morning, then after brunch, the cycling team was doing a group ride. I was not planning on joining, but I did. Ended up being a 2 hour ride for me - as I decided to head back on my own, while the rest of them did about 3 hours. Pretty successful day. Trail run + bike ride + gorgeous weather = GREAT!

Gearing up for another action-packed week, as Awesome Abs and Boot Camp fitness classes begin! Let's push forward - in health and in life.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment