Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Constant Motion

The past couple days have been draining, but recharging, at the same time. Monday was an intense day of working out. I had done this crazy version of a 300 workout, which was kind of neat. I also did this other circuit workout. I tagged along in Justin's workout that I set up for him. I also bumped up the numbers on my little "warm up workout" I do 4-5 times a week.
15x3 plyo pull-ups
50x3 plyo push-ups
50x3 dumbbell swings @30lbs
20x3 myotactic crunches
...there were other things, as well, which I will post tomorrow since it is getting late and my notebook in over on my desk.

Once the day (Monday) was over, I had gone through three (3) shirts.... covered in sweat.. and I loved that feeling of having done something great! I was feeling strong and there was this very cute girl that came in the gym while I was working out with Justin.... maybe she noticed me.. maybe she didn't. Either way, it was a successful day.

Today was confusing, however. Met with the running coaches because I would like to have some formal training, of some sort, from a coach, again. It's basically like I need my own trainer because I enjoy having the constant push from someone who expects great things from me, physically, because they know I can succeed and do well. The meeting was successful and it was determined that I would probably be doing the 10K for outdoor track and a couple 5Ks during the indoor track season. Things seemed to be going well.
I left their offices, did some other things I had to get done, then went to the gym for Personal Training with a client. After the PT session, I was told that tomorrow I would be sat down and talked to regarding a potential position for me to move up to. This is HUGE! This is a step in the right direction, as far as career goals and such. But.. that could mean no track practice with the team because of more hours at the gym. So, we shall see what happens tomorrow.

After that short exciting chat, I met with Justin for a workout session! Annihilated some sweat particles and calories in the process. Once his whole body was toast after the workout, we played racquetball for about 40 minutes. He won a round, then I won a round. I wanted to finish the 2 out of 3 set very much, but I had 15 minutes to go back to my room, change, grab something to eat, then work front desk from 7-10PM. Exciting.

Refer to the title of this particular post... Constant Motion. It's what I do.. and I do it pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment