Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What a day!

Dangggg! I got official word today that at the Holloway Health and Wellness Center... I will be trained to take Ryan's spot as the Fitness Coordinator, among his other duties, as he has a Graduate Assistant position at Western Kentucky University! This is HUGE for me! It is a jump in responsibility as I will now be working as a Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor, Front Desk Worker, along with this new position! I think most students would be scared, but I say bring it on!! I am so ready! This means I will not be able to attend most track practices, but that's fine, because the way I am looking at it is - this position is a step towards the future in an industry I want to be in, whereas if I were to choose running track this semester over this job... the opportunity to have the position may not be there again. So I chose to win and strive forward towards my future! I mean I will ALWAYS run, but this may not ALWAYS be there, like running.

Tonight's workout consisted of:
16x3 plyo pull-ups (yes, 16x3!)
Plyometric push-ups... I lost count because I decided to make it a fun experiment
50x3 dumbbell swings @30lbs
15x3 barbell curls @50lbs
20x3 myotactic crunches
and some other, I can't quite remember-it's late.
an hour and a half of racquetball

I have 2 classes tomorrow... should be good times.

Cheers.

Here's a little video of the fun I was having :)
(it's also youtube )


1 comment: