Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fast and Furious

So much snow everywhere.. but take the good with the bad. The warm weather will be here soon :)

This morning I worked out with Justin Cason again, followed by an hour of racquetball... it was 1vs1vs1 and I tell you what, I did not play up to my potential as I was worn out and sore.. but no excuses! Next time!

Throughout the day I chilled, relaxed, and finished some errands. At 3PM Hunter, one of my Personal Training clients, and I met. She's a high school track athlete looking to get into great shape before the season starts, and we're doing just that. She's become so strong and fast, it's great!

After our session, I had an hour break to unwind before heading back to the HWC to put on the mini-triathlon. It consisted of a 10 minute swim, 20 minutes on the spin bike, and 10 minutes of running. Distance on the swim and run was based on you keeping track of how many laps you ran, while the bike was just to have a good 20 minute solid effort-distance was not a factor.
Had a good crowd of people up there for it-about 10, which was good for our wellness center.

I lost count on the swim, but I think I was around 28 lengths of the pool, which is really good for me, considering I haven't been swimming since IM70.3 Austin in October. The bike was a SOLID effort. The run was 10 minutes at about 6:20/mile pace... would have been faster but the dodging little kids and taking the sharp corners threw me off a little bit. I think it was a great event, everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy it!

I also did 3x14 pull-ups and 3x15myotactic crunches. Tomorrow should be fun.. the final day of the HWC Boot Camp... mini-obstacle course style. Get ready for the burn!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment