Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I'm a Renegade, I'm a Rebel"

That's my new theme song by The Qemists - Renegade.

I am so sore, but I am loving every minute of it! Which reminds me... I saw one of my friends at the Wellness Center and we were chatting about my fitness classes I put on and she said she was afraid because she would become SORE. I think becoming SORE is one of the best parts of fitness! It's a constant reminder that you're doing something active and beneficial!

Workout I did today:
early afternoon:
  • 14x3 chin ups
  • 40x3 flipped bosu push-ups
  • 40x3 dumbbell swings @ 30lbs (since we do not have kettlebells-dumbbells work)
  • 15x3 20 inch box jumps
In the evening, I put on the final night of the HWC BootCamp- Obstacle Course style (on a basketball court-for further reference).
It consisted of FIVE, yes FIVE, rounds of:
  • Crab-Walk to 1/2 court - jog back to beginning - Sprint to 3/4 court
  • Bear Crawl
  • Burpees
  • Agility Sprints to 6 different cones
  • High-knee over weighted football pylons
  • Plyo jumps over Aerobic platforms of different heights
  • Resistance Band Bicep Curls
  • 30 second hold - Plank
  • 15 Push-ups
  • 30 second hold - Wall Squat
  • Lunges to the starting position
Holy cow. Everyone was HURTIN' and LOVING it! It was an amazing time with good company! I cannot wait until we do something like this again, it will be even more intense! WOO!

I should have taken a picture of the course... but didn't think of that until after the fact! Oh well, good times indeed!

Time for recovery and rest - very important factors in the quest for bodily progression!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment