Saturday, January 15, 2011

Done!

Friday was a long day.. was in the HWC from 745AM until 7PM... 8-245 was front desk training, which I had already learned 99% through my time working as a Personal Trainer at the HWC, but had to be there anyway..DONE! Then from 245PM-5PM was Personal Training time. Then I plated racquetball from 5PM-530PM with Jayne and Brandon Hopkins. At 530PM-7PM I was working out with Chaz and Jasmine. I was mainly helping them out with different exercises but I still managed to get:
2x14 pull ups
2x40 dumbbell swings @30lbs
2x40 flipped bosu push-ups
2x15 barbell squat @135lbs
with a couple jump rope segments in between to spice things up

I had been wearing my compression socks all day to help with blood flow and recovery while sitting, standing, walking, etc... and oh wow.. they work yet again. My legs felt amazing at the end of the day! But I tell you what, relaxing at the end of the day felt amazing.

Today, Saturday, was CPR/AED certification training from 9AM-1PM. I had learned a lot of that stuff from the SABC course during Air Force Academy Basic Cadet Training years ago, so it was a breeze. Done! Certified!

It was technically an easy/recovery day for me, so I did not do much. I played racquetball with Brandon, Jayne, and Justin for about an hour. The weather was nice out, but I'm still not a fan of the cold, so I decided to go for an easy run instead of a short bike ride. I ran 3.5 miles in 28minutes on the dot, which means I was average an 8minute/mile pace. May not seem fast, but that is because I was not trying to run fast... it was an easy/recovery day, so I did what I needed to do and I took it easy. Go figure! I'm starting to kind of like this "training" thing... now just to find something to train FOR... suggestions?

Pushing it tomorrow... and I'm not really wanting everyone to come back to campus.. it's way to nice to have peace and quiet without hooligans being immature and whatnot... but oh well. Such is life.

Stay strong and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment